Monday, February 9, 2009

For The Love Of Michael

Hey, I don't know about you, but I credit Michael Phelps with breathing more life into the sport of swimming than, well, just about anybody else. Watching him win all those gold medals was thrilling -- especially for us moms of kids who are a little different from the cookie cutter, yuppie, perfect demographic variety.

I was irked to death when, last week, Phelps was getting dinged in the press for smoking pot -- and, as a result, lost a lucrative endorsement contract with Kellogg. Of course, I would bet Kellogg has featured more than a few steroid-lubricated baseball stars on their boxes. Okay, I'm bitter, but it looks like some other folks have a few things to say about the Phelps situation. Hey, Kellogg execs: How about you try swimming five miles a day for months on end -- without a little "relief."

1 comment:

painter girl said...

I'm with you. I think the poor guy got a bad rap for something most people experimented with at one time or another at his age.
That is what fame can do to you at this day and age. I guess he felt like he could trust the friends he was with and apparently they weren''t trust worthy.