Thursday, May 8, 2008

Eyeballs

Last Friday, the hippie child and I spent about an hour sitting in the Starbucks taking close-ups of eachother's eyeballs and laughing ourselves silly. Given all the worry, ilness, and strife going on in our family unit, we might have had to laugh a little harder and louder than usual.


My dear mother-in-law had a massive stroke about 3 weeks ago, and seeing her usual feisty, energetic, active-beyond-most-87yo-ness so very reduced has been a shock. Let's put it this way, we went on a 3 mile hike with her up a mountain in Vermont last summer. I hope I have her energy in my small left toe, when I reach her age.


So, anyway, we all feel adrift. And that kind of unhinging just screams out, "Get goofy!" -- whenever we can. I know she wouldn't mind.

No comments: