Saturday, April 12, 2008

And The Eyes Moved All By Themselves




This afternoon, my son asked me what comics I read as a kid. I hadn't thought about that for years, but realized that I remembered more than I thought: Peanuts, Beetle Bailey, Lil' Abner, Pogo. Ah, Pogo, introduction to political philosophy.

Then, I started wondering about all those other entertainments, long gone by, and ended up stumbling across HR PuffnStuff. Okay, so the producers had to have been juiced on something, but it was a imagination wonderland of a show. Compared to the slick special effects of even the schlokkiest today's Disney sitcom, HR looks like it was made with somebody's cellphone. Wow, I thought as a kid, and the eyes on that boat move all by themselves.

Whoa.

3 comments:

Blue Lass said...

Tennessee Tuxedo. Science nerds of tomorrow, unite!

CurlyQ said...

what a blast from the past! i could never figure out the line: "can't do a little and he can't do enough" or is it "can't do a little but he can do enough" ??? need a little help here ;-)

and the good ol "artful dodger" in the lead! oh my... bringin back memories.

Celulite said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celulite, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://eliminando-a-celulite.blogspot.com. A hug.