Saturday, March 1, 2008

Break My TV

Okay, so I've been aware for awhile now that there are some people who aren't really watching TV anymore. They are watching youtube. My friend Rebecca is addicted to Project Runway Canada. My friend Angel is hooked on this Korean soap opera ("No, I can't marry you now that I know you put curdled squid in your morning tea.") And, increasingly, I am finding myself monitoring my son's daily intake of animation shorts and kid-made-by-kid shows (eg. Mac18).

But what was there for me to watch? For a while I surfed back episodes of Man/Woman (or "Man Slash Woman"), a Brit skit comedy show not available in our United States of Pedestrian Humor. But, since M/W was not really available in full episodes, it was really only a hunt-and-peck viewing opportunity. And then....

I stumbled upon "Break A Leg", a typical workplace-detective theme-Russian mafia saga that looks like it is being filmed in a high school. Sounds awful, I know, but there is something wistful and frustrated about it that hits my ironic funny bone just right. Below is a clip of the last episode. Maybe I've found own my youtube show...


No comments: