Friday, October 12, 2007

Back in the Saddle Again, Perhaps Western?

It only took 12 hours in DC for me to receive the official welcome -- the angry honk salute from one of our typical drivers, annoyed that I was actually yielding to a pedestrian in the crosswalk. The nerve! I feel even more inspired to continue such radical behavior. I might just adhere to the speed limit, NOT use my cellphone while driving, and eliminate the word "stress" from my vocabulary. Talk about risky. I may be drummed out of the corps.

So it came as a lovely surprise, when my kind and prompt Fedex man showed up last night with the enormous box of stuff that I had shipped home from New Mexico at the beginning of the week. Included there was the latest hat that I had knit for my friend, Jennifer, while at the Knitaway. This latest Shedir hat was knit in a soft, luxurious Synchronicity silk/wool blend. It's extremely warm, but soft as, well, silk.

Stay tuned for photos of the wool that I snagged from the Taos Wool Festival. I'll be snapping away this weekend....but not until after I fit my way through more of my latest window project!

No comments: