Thursday, September 6, 2007

The Hard Work of Getting Better

This past Labor Day, my first ever radio commentary aired on WAMU, Washington's wonderful public radio station -- and the third largest public radio listening area in the country. The commentary was about the hard work of getting better in the face of breast cancer. It was inspired by my dear friend and recipient of the afore-mentioned chemo hat. (She really like it, by the way.)

WAMU's fabulous radio wizards, Karen Munson and Mark McDonald, helped me figure out how to write for radio -- and then sound like I was NOT reading what I wrote. Let me tell you, this is much harder than it sounds.

Anyway, I am very excited and pleased with the piece. And happy to share it with you all here. Just click on the link below, and you'll be able to listen to the sound clip from my google page. Whew!

DOWNLOAD FILE

No comments: