Sunday, January 14, 2007

Plum of a day



This Sunday morning features Miss Rebecca's sugar plum hat, made for her because she asked me to. Who can say no to a small 4-year-old voice asking for a pretty hat in purple or maybe even pink. Please?

I knitted this from Frog Tree Chunky Alpaca on # 7 needles. I knitted it according to a modified beret pattern....which means I increased for the beret part, but not very much. Hence, the pouty plumish shape. The pom-pom is my first since the 6th grade, when I had to make the things in great volume for my mother for some drapes she was making. I have no memory of the drapes, just hours of pom-pom making, which could be why I have avoided them all these years.

2 comments:

jackie said...

that hat is CUTE! and i, too have many childhood memories of pom pom production, and none since then. i used to make little creatures out of them back when i was 9 or 10.

thanks for the well-wishes on the house buying--we are definitely having a bit of an adventure. i am going to TRY to get some more pictures up today, but we'll see. my day job is interfering with my house planning! :)

Anne Custis Kenealy said...

The house looks really wonderful. All that swell hardwood! Good, good luck. Nobody can really relax until the contract is signed and you hand over that frightening check.