Thursday, November 30, 2006

As fish go by



This here is a detail of a fish window in a series of, well, one. Its dimensions are approximately 1.5 X 3 feet, and it's a lead came construction. (That means it can can be installed on an exterior window and will expand and contract with the temperature.) I designed and constructed it this year from a selection of hand blown and rolled art glass that I had been collecting over the years. It makes me think of fish lolling around in the ocean, which is about as calming a place and scene as I can imagine.

2 comments:

Blue Lass said...

So how much you asking for this puppy? Or is it NFS?

Anne Custis Kenealy said...

Market price would probalby be around $1,000. I made it for my bathroom. Have yet to install it. (I hate installations.) It looks nice leaning against my dining room window though.